I will post the recipe below. This recipe makes 2 pies. To convert this to a sugar-free pie, use a brown sugar substitute like Swerve or Splenda. There are many brands of brown sugar substitute these days. All the other ingredients stay the same. Some sugar substitutes are sweeter than others so you may have to experiment with what tastes best to you. I used Swerve and my parents loved the pie. They did say it was a little sweet but they just had smaller slices. The whole pie was gone quickly though.
Great-Grandma Peavy’s Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup margarine melted or butter
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 cups brown sugar or brown sugar substitute to make sugar free
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans Original recipe calls for 1 cup but I use 2 cups
- 2 pie crusts
- Mix all ingredients together except pecans.
- If brown sugar is lumpy, use a fork to break the lumps up.
- Once smooth, fold in pecans.
- Pour into crust and bake for 55 – 60 minutes until set.
- After 20 – 30 minutes baking time, check crust. If it is golden brown place a pie shield or aluminum foil over the crust edges to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven when done and enjoy!