Cornbread Waffles are savory waffles. Simple ingredients are used to make this drool-worthy human treat. Top it with BBQ Chicken or your favorite chili.
- Waffle Iron
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1 tsp onion powder optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil or butter
- Preheat a waffle iron sprayed with oil to a temperature between 375 – 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron.
- Depending on the type of waffle iron used you may need to flip after 3 – 4 minutes. Then cook until steam no longer comes from waffle iron.
- With a butter knife go around the edges to make sure the waffle isn't sticking. Remove and butter waffle.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top with whatever you normally like to eat with cornbread. I topped mine with BBQ chicken. Enjoy!
If you are cooking for a crowd you can place the waffles in a 200 degree oven on a skillet or wire rack until they are all done. This way the waffles stay warm.