Streamline Your Mornings with Freezable Breakfast SandwichesJump to Recipe
Do you ever find yourself caught in the morning rush, racing against the clock to get out the door? We’ve all been there – you dash to your car and suddenly realize you have just enough time for a detour through the drive-thru for a quick breakfast fix. It’s a common scenario. We’re all too familiar with the paradox: too busy to cook at home, yet not too busy to wait in line for someone else to prepare our morning meal.
But what if we told you that with just a little extra effort on the weekend, you could have a convenient and healthier alternative ready to grab on those hectic mornings? Not only is it kinder to your wallet, but it’s also kinder to your waistline. We’re talking about a homemade breakfast solution to revolutionize your mornings.
We’re excited to share a recipe for a delicious and satisfying ham, egg, and cheese English muffin sandwich. These are completely customizable to your own tastes. Add whatever toppings you want. The best part? You can make a batch in advance and store it in your freezer, ensuring a ready-made breakfast option for up to three months. Say goodbye to fast-food pit stops and hello to a homemade, stress-free morning routine!
Ham, Egg, and Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 English muffins
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 ham slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut muffins in half
- Brush butter over muffins and place in preheated oven until toasted.
- Mix eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper. Pour into a casserole pan or jumbo muffin pan. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until eggs are firm.
- If using casserole pan, cut eggs into desired size. Assemble sandwiches with egg, a slice of ham, and a slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich with plastic wrap or divide with deli paper so that the muffins do not stick together when frozen.
- Place in the freezer. Store up to 3 months.
If you’ve been following our method for slicing the eggs, you’re in for a treat – you can use the leftover eggs to whip up a mouthwatering breakfast scramble for immediate enjoyment. However, if you’d like a more straightforward way to prepare your eggs without slicing, consider using muffin tins or similar pans. Looking for suggestions? Check the links below for recommendations on suitable kitchen tools that pair perfectly with this recipe.