Baked Spaghetti: Day 5 of the 7 Days of Drool-Worthy Slow Cooker Meals
Welcome back to Day 5 of our “7 Days of Drool-Worthy Slow Cooker Meals” series! Today, we’re bringing you a cozy and comforting classic that’s bound to become a family favorite: Baked Spaghetti. If you’ve ever wished for a dish that combines the slow cooker’s simplicity with the rich, cheesy goodness of baked pasta, you’re in for a treat.
Picture this: a hearty blend of Italian sausage, sautéed onions, and garlic, all simmered to perfection in a generous pool of pasta sauce. We’re talking layers of flavor here, with a dash of salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil to elevate every bite. But here’s where the magic happens – we’ll nestle this savory concoction between perfectly cooked spaghetti noodles. And to take it over the top, a creamy mixture of cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese will blanket the entire dish. As we guide you through this recipe, you’ll find that it’s not just about preparing a meal but crafting a memorable, comforting experience that will earn you the drool-worthy stamp of approval from family and friends. So, let’s roll up our sleeves, gather our ingredients, and dive into the delicious world of Baked Spaghetti!
Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat of your choice I used ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion chopped/diced
- 1 clove garlic pressed/minced
- 48 oz pasta sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles These get cooked after sauce has cooked.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese Reserve 1/4 cup for top
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat brown the ground meat. Once done, drain the grease.
- Add in chopped onion and cook until soft. Then add in garlic. Add in salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Mix and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the pasta sauce to the slow cooker. Then add the cooked meat. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, bring a pot of water to a boil on the stovetop. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking prepare the topping. Mix all the cheeses together. Reserve 1/4 cup of mozzarella to sprinkle over the topping.
- Once the noodles are done, drain. Pour them in the sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon the topping onto the pasta sauce. It will be thick and lumpy. That is ok. It will smooth out as it melts. Top that with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Then top that with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook an addition 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese topping has melted. Serve and enjoy!