Welcome back to our mouthwatering journey through the “7 Days of Drool-Worthy Slow Cooker Meals” series! Today, we’re diving into a recipe that’s incredibly delicious and a total crowd-pleaser: Cheesy Chicken Taquitos. Suppose you’ve been searching for a scrumptious dish that combines the irresistible flavors of tender chicken, zesty taco seasoning, creamy cream cheese, and gooey cheddar cheese. In that case, you’re in for a treat.
Picture this: juicy chicken breasts slow-cooked to perfection, infused with the rich flavors of taco seasoning, then rolled up with a luscious mixture of cream cheese and cheddar cheese. These savory bundles of joy are snugly tucked inside warm flour tortillas, brushed with a hint of melted butter for that perfect golden crispness. Enjoy it with a generous serving of salsa for that extra burst of flavor! These Cheesy Chicken Taquitos are not just a meal but a culinary adventure you will want to experience. So, grab your slow cooker, put on your apron, and prepare a drool-worthy dish the whole family will love!
Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Salsa for topping
- 12 6 in flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp butter melted for tortillas if baking in oven
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, water, and taco seasoning mix.
- Pour on top of chicken. Cover. Cook 6 hours on low.
- After 6 hours, shred chicken with 2 forks. Add cheddar cheese.
- One the cheddar cheese is melted. Place chicken in flour tortilla. Wrap tightly. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Place the tortillas in a 425 degree oven for 6-8 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove and Enjoy!