How to Make Mouthwatering Pulled Pork: A Versatile Slow Cooker DelightJump to Recipe
Pulled pork is a surprisingly simple and versatile dish that extends beyond BBQ. With a pork shoulder or butt roast, you can transform an inexpensive cut of meat into the centerpiece of multiple delicious meals. Just set it up in your crockpot with a quarter cup of water, some liquid smoke for a backyard smoker flare, and season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
In the upcoming weeks, we’ll showcase a series of quick and easy crockpot recipes, demonstrating how a single pot of pulled pork can be used in various culinary creations. Plus, don’t let anything go to waste – we’ll repurpose the leftover pork broth from the slow cooker for preparing a savory rice.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, we’re diving into the cooking process for the roast itself, complemented by a delectable Keto Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce to elevate this classic American dish to a new level of culinary delight.
Indulge your taste buds with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy in this homemade BBQ sauce. This tantalizing blend is crafted with sugar-free tomato sauce as a base and includes Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar for depth. The liquid smoke infuses a rich, smoky essence. A touch of Tennessee Sunshine Sauce (or hot sauce) brings the heat, complemented by cayenne pepper. The sweetness is elevated with the addition of Swerve brown sugar, creating a delightful harmony with garlic powder, onion powder, and just the right amount of salt. Prepare to elevate your barbecue game with this irresistible fusion of sweet and spicy notes.
Keto BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz Can Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 6 drops Tennessee Sunshine Sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a saucepan and heat to boiling. Cook for 5 minutes. Store in a glass mason jar. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 6-8 lbs Pork Shoulder/Butt Roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- Add pork roast to slow cooker.
- Mix liquid smoke, water, salt, and pepper together. Pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, remove roast and shred with two forks.