No Sugar Added Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie: A Taste of Country ComfortJump to Recipe
Welcome to our cozy kitchen, where the drool-worthy aroma of freshly baked cookies fills the room. Today, we’re delving into the heart of old-fashioned, country-style cooking with a twist—a classic chocolate chip cookie baked to perfection in a trusty cast iron skillet. But there’s a delightful secret: we’ve reimagined this beloved treat by bidding farewell to added sugars. In its place, we’ve turned to natural zero-sugar alternatives for our sweeteners, crafting a wholesome and indulgent cookie.
To sweeten the pot, we’ve chosen sugar-free chocolate chips that melt into each bite, creating a symphony of flavors that’ll transport you to simpler times. So, preheat your oven, and embark on a journey of homemade goodness that’ll warm your heart and tickle your taste buds! Whether you know your way around a kitchen or a novice, this recipe will become your new go-to for guilt-free indulgence. Let’s dive in and savor the joy of creating a sweet masterpiece that will become a family favorite for generations.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No Sugar Added Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 10 – 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1/2 cup allulose baking blend
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In another mixing bowl, using an electric mixer blend together the melted butter, Swerve brown sugar, and allulose baking blend.
- Then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Add in the flour mixture a little at a time. Mix and then add more until it is all combined.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough into the cast iron skillet.
- Place in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it. When it just turns golden brown remove from the oven.
- The cast iron skillet will be hot. IIt will continue cooking as the cast iron skillet cools down.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!