2 – Pillsbury Pie Crusts (Or whatever you prefer)
5 – 6 cups of blueberries (Deep dish requires 6 cups)
1/2 cup Stevia
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened butter
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together blueberries, Stevia, and Cornstarch.
- Add in lemon juice and mix well.
- Unroll pie crust into pie plate.
- Pour blueberry mixture into pie crust and set aside.
- Cut 2nd pie crust into 10 strips.
- Place 5 strips across pie. Then crisscross to make lattice design. (Watch video if unsure how to do it.)
- Pinch lattice ends into bottom crust.
- Seal edges by pinching or making a zig zag design by pushing crust between fingers. Or use a fork to make a flatter edge.
- Mix together milk and egg and brush over pie crust.
- Put bits of butter in lattice openings on pie filling.
- Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil or a pie shield.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove aluminum foil or pie shield from crust and lower temperature to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until filling bubbles.