Our backyard birds have been enjoying the seed and suet cakes. We have been getting plenty of birds on video for our weekly episodes of The Lake Hills City Birds. Below is the recipe for the Bird Suet Cakes.
1 cup of Lard or Suet
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 cups ground corn meal
2 cups quick or rolled oats
1/3 – 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup bird seed
1 cup dried fruit
1. In a large pot over medium low heat melt the lard and peanut butter.
2. Once melted turn off heat. Then mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour into a mold or a pan.
4. Refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
5. If you used a pan, cut suet into sizes to fit in suet cages and let your birds enjoy.
Below is a video.